Saturday, April 16, 2011


Day 3 felt like DAY 8!!!! We worked SO hard today, but we finished the roof the where the boys are going to sleep once the orphanage is finished!!! Everyone is safe. Caleb hurt his eye but he is fine. He is still his CRAZY SELF! I MISS MY FIANCEE AND SISTER AND MOM AND BROTHER SO MUCH!!! I'm so close to my family and to be so far away from them is difficult. I want to make sure they are all safe. So many people think that going on a missions trip is all about YOU and the work THEY will be doing, but part of the leap of faith is trusting that God has got EVERYTHING...including the stuff and people back home. I want my family to know...

"I think about you all day. God is doing such amazing things through me and my team that I wish you could be here to see it! I know you'd be so proud. I'd love for you to one day be a part of this mission I am on so that you can experience the things that words can't suffice in explaining. Tell my Brody I miss her SOOOO much and that she's my little princess!"

Check out this picture I'm putting down here. The kids at the orphanage bumrushed me for my bracelets. I had 3 "like christ" bracelets, 2 "build strong" bracelets, and 2 "WWJD" bracelets all on my right wrist. I gladly gave them all away. This is my friend Brian. I told him to hold up his bracelet with pride. It's amazing how the "build strong" theme can cross racial, social, and even cultural borders. WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE!!!

-Dante


3 comments:

  1. Dante,
    Good to hear from you! Haven't see the wife-to-be. Arianna is in SKC as I type... and gladly gave me a hug this morning.. made my day! Brenda is still a Hot Mom and boy was there a GREAT message in the theatre today... man!
    Thanks for sharing. I bet they enjoyed those bracelets! It'll be weird seeing your arm all naked and such.
    Please tell Caleb to be careful. Love the pics. It looks like the team is doing what they are supposed to be doing. We are praying for you all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good reminder on trusting God with everything Dante. Tell mi hermanito Caleb "ten cuidado"!! ?Que paso?!...flushing the eye out with saline (salt) solution promotes healing if there is a cut or eyeball irritation.

    May the Mexican sunshine inspire God's p e a c e within...
    Leanora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leonora,

    Caleb had some debris from the bricks fall into his eye and it caused an abrasion. but he is FINE. it was very small and he is now de-patched and back to causing havoc haha =)

    ReplyDelete