Friday, April 15, 2011

First Work Day


Today, Friday April 15 2011, was our first official work day. Yesterday we were basically given an orientation and such. Now, back to today. We had breakfast at 8 oclock and then quiet time. After quiet time we practiced our dramas, music, dancing and went over the basic GP(gameplan) for the day. Then around 10 O`clock  we got in the vans and drove to the worksite. The van ride was craaazzzzyyy fun hahaha. Now the work site was in this....village you could say. The area was not...well the best way to describe it would be...ok bottom line these people were living in huts essentially. The roads were very bumpy and it was pretty hot and fairly dusty. The worksite was basically a communtiy center for the village and it even had a pool! Back to the worksite. We helped assemble the roof of the second story of the building and it was....fun I would say. We all worked together, had no arguements, everything ran smoothly and we did a great job. After that we had lunch, went to cool down in the pool, then went out into the comunnity and told the people we were having a ``program`` at five o`clock. We practiced some more, went over the GP, and did some other prep work. The program was a lot of fun and one woman accepted Christ after we had done our thing. There is a lot more I could write about, but I`ll go more into detail when we complete our mission here =). I look forward to the rest of our time here and I`m excited about what God is going to do through us as we continue to serve Him and follow His will. =)

-James

1 comment:

  1. James,
    I LOVE the detail! I feel like I'm there. How exciting to work on a roof. I bet it was fun! It's good that everyone worked well together... I suppose that if anyone did get out of line, the top of a roof would be a bad place to get into an argument... lol! I'm just sayin.

    ReplyDelete