Wednesday, April 20, 2011


This is my first time in Mexico and my first missions' trip as a Leader. Having been to South Africa with Bridgeway as a student, I didn't want to carry over those perceptions and expectations. My goal was to expect nothing, except that God would move. And He has! Every single Outreach we've done, multiple people have stood up to accept Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior. It's amazing to connect with people who don't even understand the language you speak.

Unity has been one of the many themes we've explored as a team this week. I've learned a lot about motivating and focusing a group of people to work towards a common goal through difficult circumstances. Mixing cement has probably been one of the hardest tasks to do, especially in the heatñ but I'm so proud of the team. Everyone's worked very hard. We've all poured out a lot physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I can't wait to see how everyone utilizes all we've learned back home.

Throughout this whole experience, I've learned a lot about myself as well. I'm at a point in my life where I have to make some important decisions. God's been letting me know that I don't have to limit myself. It's okay to think outside of the box and go for big goals. He is a big God and is able to do above and beyond all we could ever ask or imagine so we shouldn't withold anything from Him nor place limits on His plan for our lives.

I am so grateful I've had the opportunity to be a part of this. It's truly been an amazing journey!

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment