Wednesday, April 20, 2011


Friday was our first full length day. We got up and went to work. We were working on the roof of a children's home. We had to lift a lot of cinder blocks. It was hard work, but it went by fast. Then the night rolled around and I became very nervous. This was the time where I had interact with the Spanish speaking kids. They got there and I was frozen stiff. I had no idea what to do. I felt isolated. I felt like I didn't belong. And every time I tried to communicate with the kids, they would just leave. I was on the verge of tears. I tried not to cry. I had never felt so out of place in my entire life. I told the team that night and we prayed about it.

The next day was also a good work day. And then we went to a park for ministry. There were so many people but I wanted to do my best. So, this night I decided to do something different. I decided to join the kids' soccer game. This kids tried to talk to me and I got so scared. I only knew a few words so I told him I didn't speak Spanish. And what he did next, I will never forget. He started to teach me. He saw that I was in need so he helped me. God had blessed me through a 9 year old kid who didn't even speak English. I will never forget Daniel.

-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment