Thursday, April 14, 2011


So we're here! A brisk Maryland morning turned into a blistering Cancun afternoon in a blink of an eye. Smelling the familiar scents hit me instantly as I walked out of the airport and made my way into the packed van with no AC. Why is it that I kind of missed this? Then I realized. When you're a part of something that's bigger than you, you'll find that God can magically have you find comfort and peace in the most uncomfortable circumstances. The rest of the team and I are ready to work hard tomorrow. We're amped up to see the progress made on the orphanage. It was an insentive to see our YWAM (Youth With A Mission) friends again. Being able to reconnect with those we've made a lifelong connection with over the past two years is a blessing in and of itself.

We all went to the hotel for lunch and a quick orientation from Mike and Terril. Then it was off to the combio y bodega for essentials...and snacks in some cases. Then we went and introduced the team to Pastor Armando who's been doing ministry for over 50 years now. The man is 72 but he looks like he's 50. Pastor Armando is the pastor of the church that we are working with in regards to the orphanage. Then it was off to dinner at one of our favorite spots. Now I'm here writing this.

I took this shot of Alex on the roof of the church, El Divino Maestro, where Armando is the senior pastor. The students all prayed over different areas inside the church. I can't wait to see what God is going to do through this team. Don't forget about us as you're praying. Continue to pray that God will use us in a mighty way. I believe the overall agreement of this team is that we are ready to work hard and just be used.

Tomorrow I will get one of the students to write a blog. Hopefully, we can upload some video for you.

-Dante

1 comment:

  1. Very cool Dante! Love the pics... I feel like I'm there. And yes, I love that feeling.. of knowing that you are exactly where you are supposed to be, exactly when you are supposed to be there.

    ReplyDelete